Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day 241: Hiking Kennesaw Mountain


I had decided to go hiking today at Kennesaw Mountain.  At 5pm.  In metro Atlanta.  In the sun.  To say I was worried would be quite accurate.  Add that to the fact that it was kind of considered to be a date.  What if it's too hot and I feel like I'm going to pass out?  What if I'm super sweaty and I smell bad?  Those were pretty much my main concerns:  Heat and sweat.

Result:  So it was definitely not a 1 hour or 1.5 hour long hike.  It was a freakin' 7.25 mile hike!  Up a mountain and a hill and who knows what else.  Long story short:  I was sweaty but not super hot.  I definitely struggled through it.  But I did it :-)  And I'm doing it again on Thursday :-)  I even bought a hydration pack backpack last night so that I can have water with me and not have to carry it.  Go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment