Sunday, August 28, 2011

Day 237: A Missed Meeting

Today was the first meeting of the semester with one of my former professors for student research work.  He does a TON of research, so he has research assistants who work with him either for directed study or just for the experience.  I'm already doing research with a professor, so research with him would just be for experience. 

I was feeling like absolute crap today.  My sleep schedule is really messed up from taking 8am classes.  Going from waking up at 10am over the summer to 630am now--my body is very confused right now.

So ultimately, I decided to skip the meeting so that I could at least attempt to get more sleep.  I sent him an email saying I didn't feel well and wouldn't be able to make the meeting, and would it be possible for me to stop by his office and learn the ropes on research. 

He emailed me back and said yes, absolutely.  So I will be stopping by his office soon for learning about assisting him with research.  I was very proud of myself for not going and for taking care of myself :-)  If there's one thing I'm good at, it's putting myself first over commitments.  

No comments:

Post a Comment