Friday, August 5, 2011

Day 215: Sugar Woes


Lately, my digestive system has been a pain in the ass.  If I eat anything other than granola bars, crackers, ice cream, or chocolate, I get a very upset stomach.

So this evening, I was hungry.  And so I stopped at a CVS and got a pack of Hershey chocolate bars.  Then my friend and I headed to Mellow Mushroom to play trivia with friends. 

So I sit at the table and proceed to eat all of the chocolate.  No surprise there.

Then I see that Mellow Mushroom has a new menu, including new desserts.  So I get a large cookie with ice cream.  No surprise there.

Hersheys' bars + a large cookie + ice cream = one very tired Gina the next day

Now my options for food are:  crackers, granola bars, and milk.  And mini donuts.  I had mini donuts today for lunch.

I feel like I have to choose between eating the above foods (but being tired), or eating other foods (but having a stomach ache).  Both are not good options in my book.  And thus is the current reason why I hate eating.  But then I get hungry, which makes me tired and cranky.  So regardless, I am led to be tired and cranky, so matter what I do or don't eat.

1 comment:

  1. I think you should go to the doctor. You need nutrients not just sugar!

    ReplyDelete