Sunday, August 14, 2011

Day 224: Flat Tire? Piece of Cake!!!


Today, I went out for brunch with some friends.  While deciding where to park, I hit a curb.  Pretty badly.  Fast forward to the end of lunch.  I get in my car and start driving.  Within about two seconds, I knew that I had a flat tire. 

Flat tires and I are pretty good friends.  I get them fairly frequently.  Usually I call my dad and ask him to come fix it for me.  But alas, my dad was currently in Florida, 8 hours away.  Or I call my current boyfriend of the time, and they help me.  But I am now single and hence have no boy toy to call.  What am I to do?

Option 1:  Go to random tables at the restaurant I was just at and see if some kind gentleman will fix my tire for me.

Option 2:  Call my friend Casey, who is still walking to his car, and see if he can help me.

I went for option 2.  And you know what?  Casey is the freaking master of fixing flats.  He had my tire off and the spare on in literally 5 minutes.  It was the most amazing thing I've ever seen.

And the cool thing was, I didn't cry.  I didn't freak out.  I didn't think, "Holy crap a new tire is going to be expensive this sucks WHY DOES THIS SHIT HAPPEN TO ME."  I thought, "Oh, I have a flat."  I treated it like it was no big deal.

Emotional health for the win!!! :-)  Now if only I could be this way when it comes to boys....

No comments:

Post a Comment