Sunday, August 7, 2011

Day 218: Twain's!


It just hit me that I'm already on day 200-something of this project.  DAMN.  I wonder what project I'll do next year....

Anyways, today I went to Twain's, a (fairly) local pub complete with beer, food, pool tables, darts, shuffleboard, etc.  My friends and I go there to play pool.  There were a lot of friends there (meaning friends as well as aquaintances and people I hadn't met before), so I was rather hesitant to play pool with/in front of these people.  After maybe an hour, I decided, "Okay, I'll play some pool."

Result:  I did HORRIBLE at billiards.  I mean HORRIBLE.  And you know what?  I just shrugged it off while I was playing and still kept going.  And no one said anything mean to me or made fun of me or anything like that.  And the friend I played with was very supportive and awesome and didn't say anything mean to me :-)

So even though I played really badly . . . I still had fun :-)  And for that, I am TRULY proud of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment