Monday, August 1, 2011

Day 211: Personable-ness


This weekend, there were several attendees at the conference who I've met at one point or another over the last year.

I can be outgoing and friendly and personable when I want to be.  And when I don't . . . I'm not.  It's a big challenge for me just to approach someone I consider an aquaintance and just strike up a conversation.  I have to really WANT to do it.  And for some reason, I just didn't want to this weekend.  I mean, I thought that I would, but once I got there, I got into my guarded/shy mode.

I'm not proud of this, but . . . I guess being super friendly and making lots of new friends or strengthening newer friendships just wasn't as important to me as I thought it would be.  That's not to say that I didn't make any new friends; I did.  And I certainly talked to people.  But I know that I could have reached out to people a lot more. 

The next conference I'm planning on going to is in November.  And if I want to, I can choose to be more outgoing and friendly with people I'm not already close to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment