Monday, August 1, 2011

Day 212: Saying Goodbye.


"Time to Say Goodbye" by Alfred Gockel

For as long as I can remember, I have been TERRIBLE at saying goodbye.  I just think it's really awkward and weird and uncomfortable.  At least for me, that is.  Especially when I'm at a social event and there's a large group of people and I want to leave.  Usually I am one of the last ones to leave because I just hate the awkardness of me saying goodbye to people.

I didn't realize this until later on Sunday, but . . . I didn't really say goodbye to ANYONE at the conference.  I was so focused on saying goodbye to one person in particular, and because of that, it didn't even enter my mind to say goodbye to anyone else. 

And you know what?  I didn't beat myself up about it.  I said goodbye to the one person I needed to say goodbye to, so I'm just glad that I was able to do that :-)  And I'm okay with being bad at saying goodbye in general.  I don't know how else to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment