Thursday, August 25, 2011

Day 234: First Meeting of the Semester


So today was the first meeting of my school's secular/skeptic group.  I was tempted to cancel it because not very many people had RSVP'ed yes.  But then I reminded myself that the student life office looks down on group's cancelling events the day before or not cancelling at all.  So I decided not to cancel it and take the chance of only me and the vp attending.  (At least we'd have all the pizza!)

Result:  It ended up being a fairly good turnout.  It was fun to catch up with some peeps and talk about secular and skeptic stuff.  And we had some new people come, which was awesome.

I really want this year to be a great year for our group.  I already have set up several days for tabling and Ask an Atheist.  It was really popular last semester, so I'm looking forward to meeting new people and getting some info on atheism and science and such out to the students. 

Even though I'm taking 12 credit hours this semester, I have a lot of free time because of the types of classes I'm taking.  So add the free time to the fact that my sleep schedule is messed up from 8am classes, and I have lots of free time to work on stuff for our group :-)  I'm really excited about helping to make this group awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment