Saturday, August 20, 2011

Day 230: Filing Fail.



This week, I started volunteering at a behavioral mental health center for my Field Practicum class this semester.  Due to Georgia laws, I can't start working with children yet--you need training first, plus they have to conduct background checks and such. 

So, the place where I'm volunteering, they have you start with medical filing.  And holy freakin' crap, is there a LOT of stuff to file.  A WHOLE LOT.  I have been filing in one of the nurse's stations.  For the first two days, I filed stuff that's easy to file.  Then today, I started to file the nursing/doctor paperwork. 

I lasted 10 minutes.  I could not figure out where anything went.  At first I thought that I just needed to figure out where stuff went, and then I would be okay.  But eventually, I was just like, This is a waste of my volunteering time.  I might as well file the stuff that I already know how to file.  Plus I didn't want to screw up and file incorrectly.

One of the nurses said that maybe she would help me file the nursing stuff.  If she does, that would be great.  But if not, I will keep on filing the easy stuff. 

I used to love filing.  (Literally.)  Now?  Not so much. :-(  That's also good because that means I won't spend my whole semester filing due to convenience or fear of failing at mentoring or something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment