Thursday, August 25, 2011

Day 235: Am I FINALLY Growing Emotionally?? No Way....

You know, for once, this is something I'm actually REALLY GLAD that I failed at.  Words cannot even describe HOW PROUD I am of myself.  Seriously :-)

Long story short . . . . Today marked the literal and final end of the possibility of a potential relationship with someone.  Normally, I literally crumble when this sort of thing happens.  My journal entries for the last 3 years mainly consist of me trying not to self-destruct when a relationship ends or when I'm feeling insecure in a relationship.  I knew that this was coming today.  I cried a lot the night before (from anticipating what was to come), and I cried during our phone conversation.  And I cried for 5 minutes afterwards.

And then . . . I was fine.  I went back to doing my schoolwork.  (Normally I would have gone to sleep to avoid the strong current of negative feelings.)  Later, I went and hung out with a couple of friends.  And . . . I felt really good about the whole thing.  I felt really proud of myself for initiating what was to come and what was best FOR ME.  And now, 16-ish hours later . . . I'm good :-)  And I realize that all is not lost, and I deserve the best.

Words cannot explain how proud I am of myself for this.  FINALLY it feels like the work I've done on myself for the last 3 years is FINALLY paying off.  It's just amazing--when you really, REALLY work on your emotional issues, and you don't give up, and you keep moving forward--it really DOES eventually kick in.  Without any effort on your part at that moment.

Last night, while watching America's Got Talent (random, I know), I realized just how much I've been selling myself short for so many years.  And I realized that I'm kind of fucking brilliant.  I'm good at a lot of stuff, and I kinda really believe that I can do whatever the hell I want to do.  And I'm not saying this from a personal development/positive affirmation/believe in yourself kind of bullshit perspective.  I REALLY realize now that . . . I'm kind of fucking awesome.  And for once, I really do mean it. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment