Saturday, July 2, 2011

Dorm Room (Potential) Woes


This weekend, I went to Buffalo, NY for a student leadership conference.  Our "hotel" was the State University of New York:  Buffalo's dorms.

Last year, almost everyone had a room of their own.  This year, I don't know if anyone had a room of their own.  So, I could have just stayed in my room and taken my chances with whoever was to be my roommate.  Instead, I chickened out and shared a room with 2 of the guys I drove to Buffalo with. 

For all I know, the other roommate never showed up.  Or they might have done what I did and moved rooms.  But I would rather room with people I know and am comfortable with than take my chances rooming with a person I might not even like.  Sure, we could have turned out to be best friends if I had stayed in that room.  But it was a risk I was willing to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment