Sunday, July 17, 2011

Day 196: It's Friday, I'm [Not] in Love!


Looking at the google images for "Friday" has made me even more depressed about my Friday evening than I was before.

Friday.  Every person's dream day.  But for me?  Let's just say that if I don't have plans for a Friday night, I feel like a major loser and like I am just the least coolest kid in school.

So this Friday evening, I found myself:  At a petsitting client's house.  Asleep on the couch.  Watching "The Boxer." 

This evening did wonders for my self-esteem.  The thing is, I WANT to be okay with spending an evening (even a Friday!) by myself.  But that little (or big) voice inside of me still tells me it's uncool not to be doing something social on a Friday night. 

And I have no idea how to overcome this belief.

No comments:

Post a Comment