Sunday, July 17, 2011

Day 198: Procrastination Wins Yet Again


Why do I procrastinate?  There are several reasons I'm sure.  But one particular reason has affected me for the last two weeks.

Long story short:  I need to fill out an IRB (review board) application to my school so that my professor and I can start my research project in the fall.  I really didn't want to do it.  I had done it a year ago for my Experimental Psychology class, but the form was updated recently.

Surely if I ignore it, it will get done on its own, right?

Two days ago, my professor emails me, asking how the application is coming along. 

Two days later, today, I wake up super early and cannot fall asleep.  Two hours go by and I think, "Okay, I'm FINALLY going to fill out this application."  So I start filling it out. 

"Gee, these questions seem kinda familiar.  I'm going to compare the new form to the one I filled out a year ago."

IT'S THE SAME DAMN FORM.  Just in a different format/font.

Procrastination:  1.  Gina:  0.

No comments:

Post a Comment