Sunday, July 17, 2011

Day 195: My Encounter With a Piano-Playing Singing Atheist


Tim Minchin.  Who the hell is this guy?  That was a question I was determined to find out.

I became aware a month or so ago of the fact that the aforementioned individual would be in Atlanta in July.  Lots of people in the atheist and skeptic community are big fans of his work.  I didn't really understand what the big deal was, so I decided to go to the concert in an attempt to get in on the fun and the buzz.

I almost didn't go to the concert.  There wasn't even really a particular reason other than the fact that I am naturally a homebody and have to force myself to leave the house on a regular basis.  The ironic part is that I (almost) always have fun doing social things with friends and new aquaintances.  So I ploughed through my reluctance and went to the concert.

In short:  I had a blast!  And Tim Minchin is simply fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment