Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day 177: 15 Hour Drive, Anyone?


I carpooled with 4 friends from Atlanta to Buffalo and back to Atlanta.  We took my mom's SUV.  According to my mom, I am the only one on their car insurance, which means that I am the only one allowed to drive the vehicle.

From Atlanta to Buffalo:  16 hours

I, surprisingly, was able to drive the entire time.  I was pretty damn proud of myself.

From Buffalo to Atlanta:  16 hours

This route, however, was much more difficult to drive than the first.  Why?  Because at this point, I was operating on very little sleep over the weekend.  Why sleep when you can party with secular humanists?  Plus we didn't leave until 2pm, which meant that we wouldn't get back to Atlanta until 6am. 

Did I drive the entire time?  No.  I drove all of it except about 5 hours.  My fellow compadre Jeff the 5 hours.  And I was very grateful :-) 

No one fell asleep at the wheel, and no one got into an accident.  And for that, I am extremely grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment