Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day 173: The Happiness Project


I read this book a couple of months ago, and I loved it.  The year long project that the author started is the exact sort of thing I have been wanting to do for many years. 

And yet, I have yet to actually start this project.  I mean, I have all sorts of things that I would want to explore in an attempt to increase my happiness--improve my diet, my relationship with food, play instruments again, be creative again, journal more, etc. 

I have a hard time discerning when my lack of motivation is due to my decades'-long struggle with depression or just pure laziness and lack of motivation.  I usually assume it's the first one, and I give up on whatever it is/was that I wanted to try or do.  There are many times that I have wanted to quit this year long project, my fail blog.  I feel like I am failing at this project, that I'm not REALLY trying to fail.

Fail, don't fail, either way I'm not happy with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment