Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 191: Beach Haters Unite!!!


For the last 20 years, I have hated the beach.  It's crowded and hot.  I hate sand, getting burnt, and saltwater.  So before I had even left for Florida, I had decided that I was not going to go to the beach.  Even if that meant hanging out at the hotel by myself, I was just not going to go.  I guess when your only beach experience (other than from before you were 9 years old) is at Panama City Beach when you're in the 10th grade, you're bound to dislike it.

Come Saturday, we go to the beach because that's where the wedding was taking place.  And you know what??  I actually liked the beach.  It was quiet, not overly populated, and the water was nice.  I even found myself wanting to go back there the next day!!!

So come the next day, my friends and I go to the beach.  And I had a nice time :-)  The weather was perfect--it was a comfortable temperature, and it was cloudy and yet sunny at the same time.  I brought some magazines and read those.

I, Gina, no longer hate the beach.  I never ever thought I would say those words.

No comments:

Post a Comment