Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 193: To Dress Up or Not to Dress Up...


Today was the book club meeting for "The Palce of Illusions," a novel that involves several Hindu stories.  A friend of mine who was attending the meeting mentioned the idea of dressing up for the meeting.  I have an Indian outfit (it's not a sari) that I haven't worn in years because I just haven't had anywhere to wear it.  So I thought, "Yay, I will be able to wear it at this meeting!"

So today comes.  And I'm just having a bad day mood-wise.  And for me to dress up and wear this outfit would require lots of mental energy (I can't explain it) that I just didn't want to use up. 

So, I didn't dress up.  And I showed up at the meeting, and my friend and another attendee had dressed up in pretty Indian outfits.  And I just wore my regular everyday clothes.

And I'm okay with that.  I can't be perfect all of the time :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment