Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Day 269: Dietitian Appointment


Today, I had an appointment with my university's dietitian.  I'm in a therapy group for people with a history of disordered eating, and the group facilitator said that she wants all of us to see the dietitian.  So I complied and made an appointment, and today was my appointment with her.  I really wasn't expecting to get anything out of the appointment.  I've seen dietitians over the years, and my experience has been that they usually don't listen to what I say and make my meal plan based on what THEY think it should be.

Result:  I told her about my concerns, particularly my concerns about my digestion issues.  So she tailored a meal plan for me that takes into account the fact that I have difficulty digesting fruits and vegetables.  She also took into account the fact that I like dairy and don't have much difficulty digesting dairy.

I wasn't planning on scheduling a follow-up appointment with her, but she suggested that I do so.  So I will be seeing her again in two weeks.  Surprisingly, it turned out to be an enjoyable and worthwhile appointment :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment