Monday, September 12, 2011

Day 252: A Vegan Potluck Lunch


(My good friend Carl; he accompanied me at the lunch)

Today was a vegan potluck lunch date.  I've been a member of the lunch group for probably a year or so.  It's always a lot of fun, and the food is always amazing!

So what could the problem be?  I.  Don't.  Cook.  EVER.  And I CERTAINLY don't cook strictly vegan foods (boring and bland foods don't count).  And buying yummy vegan food in a grocery store that doesn't require any cooking or preparation--that is challenging.  I always struggle with what to bring to these things.

I decided to bring a simple fruit salad.  Already chopped, sliced, sorted, all ready to buy and serve.  But what if no one eats it?  What if other people bring fruit?  What if people are like, "How lame-o?" 

End result:  People ate it.  And, once again, my fears were unsupported.  I knew I was being ridiculous, but . . . you never can know 100%, can you?  

No comments:

Post a Comment