Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Day 262: Sensitive Much??


Today, my student group tabled in the Social Science building.  What does that mean?  Basically, it's how we advertise to people about our student group--who we are and what we do and such.

Long story short, one guy came to our tabling event who is in our facebook group but who had never come to one of our events before.  He said that our table looked like crap, that we looked unapproachable, and that we needed to reposition our table so as to allow more people to see our signs.  For some reason, this REALLY rubbed me the wrong way.  I immediately started crying and got my stuff and got up to leave.  I told him why I was upset.  I left the tabling event an hour before I had planned on leaving it.

I still don't know why I was so upset by what he said.  But I do know that it's partly because I've worked really hard on getting this student group running, and it felt like he was pissing on all of the hard work that I've done.

One good thing about what happened is that it sure makes for a good story!  I don't even know how many people I've told about it lol.  It's fun to make fun of myself sometimes :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment