Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Day 248: A Colcoscopy


This post is about women body parts stuff.  If you don't want to read it, then by all means, skip this entry.  But basically, that thing in this picture--yeah, it doesn't go in your ear . . . .

I had to have a colcoscopy done today after receiving an abnormal pap smear result at the end of July.  I had no freakin' idea what to expect.  None. 

Long story short, I didn't cry.  I was really proud of myself!  I didn't cry out of pain (although it certainly wasn't pleasant).  And I had a male examiner, and usually when a male doctor examines me, I start crying.  (Seriously.)  So therefore, I make sure never to sign up with a male doctor for female stuff.  But in this case, I didn't really have a choice because there's only a doctor at this location once a month. 

So anyways, I didn't really fail today.  In fact, I think I succeeded rather well.  Yay for not crying! 

No comments:

Post a Comment