Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Day 243: Star Party


Okay, so this picture is technically from last year.  And I wore a different outfit than this one.  But you get the idea.

Today was the Atlanta Skeptics' Star Party, where people buy a ticket and the money goes to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.  Various astronomers came and gave talks, and we were able to go to Emory University's observatory and look through their large telescope (certainly the largest I've ever seen in person).

I, of course, was worried that I wouldn't have fun.  Why do I always worry about not having fun?  I DON'T KNOW.

Result:  I had fun.  I was glad that certain friends of mine went.  I really should start reaching out and being friendlier to people I don't know, though.  I mean, I can turn on the charm when I want to (I amaze myself when I do this lol).  But those moments are too rare.  I really should start to change that . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment