Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Day 245: Dragon*Con + a Bad Mood = ??


(me with two women in MST3K costumes)

Yeah.  So for some reason, I was in a bad mood pretty much all day while at Dragon*Con.  And it certainly wasn't for any particular reason.  It was just . . . one of those things.  Seriously, I think it's because I had a conversation 3 days before with someone about how they think happiness is a simple thing and people make it too complicated.  I completely disagree (when you're battling decades' worth of negative thinking, your brain can't all of a sudden say, "Oh, you want to be happy?  OKAY!!!").  I could go on and on about that, but anyways . . . . I honestly think my brain was like, "You think being happy is easy?  Well, I'll show you how not easy it is!" 

And so I spent the day just being mindful of my bad mood.  I was proud of myself for going to Con instead of just staying home and moping.  And I spent a lot of the day at the Skeptic panel so that I wouldn't have to walk around a lot and be submerged in the massive crowd aka Dragon*Con.  I was tired and cranky, but it was all okay.  I didn't try to force myself out of my bad mood.  Around 10pm I was feeling kinda lonely and so I texted my friend JT to see what he was up to.  I was way proud of myself for doing that instead of just thinking to myself, "He's not going to want to hang out with me."  You know, one of my typical stupid thoughts.  But I resisted it and texted him, and it was fun hanging out with him that evening :-)  So yay me for not judging myself and stuff!

1 comment:

  1. Talking with you was one of my favorite experiences at Dragon*Con this year.

    ReplyDelete