Sunday, September 18, 2011

Day 258: Carnival Oops


Today, Devereux (the place I volunteer at) held a family carnival in order to raise money or clothing donations.  I signed up to volunteer from 9am-11am for carnival setup.

Result:  I go to Devereux at 9am.  I drive around.  There is no one around and no carnival setup stuff.  I go into one of the buildings and ask where the carnival is.  Long story short, turns out the carnival is in a shopping center 5 minutes from the center.  The volunteer coordinator never said in the emails that the carnival was located somewhere else!  And I wasn't the only volunteer who thought they were at Devereux. 

But it all worked out.  We both got there, and it was no biggie.  It was fun, and I'm glad that I volunteered for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment