Sunday, September 18, 2011

Day 259: Online Dating is Awesome!


Psychostick (a band) had it right all along:  Okcupid is stupid.  I'm sure that's probably not what they're actually saying in their tshirt above, but I'm totally using it to symbolize that online dating sucks.

Tonight, I deleted my plentyoffish and okcupid dating profiles.  Why?  Because, well, online dating just sucks.  It's like, if you want to get rejected on a continual basis, or meet jerks on a continual basis, just try online dating.  I mean, it's not ALL bad.  But overall . . . .

I've realized, and accepted, that I date down.  I do.  I date guys who don't really deserve me.  But it's like, either I date down, or I don't date at all.  And being single, it just plain ole sucks.  I mean, I'm human and therefore have hormones.  And not to mention the fact that literally my #1 goal in life is to find someone I love and who loves me and get married. 

So yeah, I'm going to just focus on dating people I actually meet in real life versus through a computer.  Because why waste my time talking to guys who I have no interest in?  Believe it or not, getting a free meal yet talking to someone who is not interesting--it's just not worth it.

The real question is where in the HELL do I meet guys who actually deserve me?  Where do I meet guys who are smart and not boring? 

Beats me.  Seriously.

1 comment:

  1. I used to use OKCupid as well (deleted mine roughly 2 years ago), but it never did anything for me dating-wise. The little personality quizzes and such were fun, though...

    ReplyDelete