Monday, September 12, 2011

Day 249: SCI Movie Night


Today, I ran a movie night for my school's student secular/skeptic group.  I had all kinds of worries:  What if the classroom doesn't have  DVD player?  What if the classroom is locked?  What if I can't get the sound to work?  What if no one shows up?  I can go on and on with more worries--those are related to the food I had to bring (pizza and soda).

Result:  The classroom was open.  I had to call my group's advisor to get the sound to work.  The food thing worked out fine.  Not a whole lot of people showed up.  The DVD's were kind of boring (we watched the first 3 episodes of Carl Sagan's "Cosmos" series).  But all in all, it was a success in the sense that it all worked out in the end. 

I don't know what events to create, or when to schedule them, that will get a large turnout.  And that is frustrating.  But at least I'm doing events for the group, and maybe in time, with effort put into it, attendance will improve on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment