Monday, September 12, 2011

Day 251: When No Plans Turn Into Good Plans


Saturdays.  How often do I NOT make plans on a Saturday?  Pretty much never.  But today, I decided that I just wanted to hang out where I was housesitting for the night.  I wanted to get some reading done and do whatever else I felt like doing.  By myself.

Result:  So I'm on facebook, and my friend Connie comments on a comment I had posted on one of her photos.  She lives in Colorado, and she had come to Atlanta to come visit friends for her birthday.  She had posted a picture she took at a national park near where I live.  So I posted a comment saying that I live only 15 minutes from that park.  Fast forward to 10pm--she comments on the photo and says that she and her friends were headed to a nearby diner if I wanted to join them.

Normally I'd be like, "No, they probably don't want me to go, I don't know her that well, what if we miss each other," etc etc etc.  But you know what?  I just shut those thoughts up as soon as they came up, and I went and drove to the diner.  I ended up finding her and her friends, and I sat with them.

End result:  It was a lot of fun!  I'm really glad I went :-)  I hadn't seen her in well over 5 years, so it was nice to hang out with a John Denver friend :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment