Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 7: Playing the Guitar

(Disclaimer:  This is a year old picture.  I no longer look like this lol.  And I own an acoustic guitar.
This picture is merely to add emphasis to this blog post.)

Today, I decided to pick up my guitar and continually play John Denver's "Goodbye Again."  I, being a huge John Denver fan, only play on the guitar John Denver songs. So I thought I would spend half an hour or so working on mastering this chosen song.

Result:  Years of extremely sparse guitar playing have caused calluses and finger muscles to decline. It took a mere 10 minutes or so (not including the 15 minutes it took me to properly tune my guitar) for me to give up on the song.  Not  because I don't like the song, but because I HATE TO FAIL.  Hence why I need this project now more than ever! 

Obviously my guitar playing still needs some work....

1 comment:

  1. John Denver makes up 70% of what I play on the guitar! (Most of the rest is stuff like Dan Bern and Don McLean.) "Rhymes and Reasons" was one of the first songs I learned all the way through.

    ReplyDelete