Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 28: Burlesque


Today I went to a Burlesque show with my boyfriend and some friends.  It was at a place in Atlanta called The Shelter.  I had never been to the venue.  What if it's a dump?  What if there's hardly anyone there?  Or too many people there? 

I had never been to a Burlesque show.  What if it's not really a Burlesque show?  What if I don't have fun? 

Obviously, I worry a lot.  And usually I let my worries make my decisions. But that's why I started this project--because I'm tired of letting my worries and fears always win.  If I listened to my worries all of the time, I probably wouldn't leave my house.  (Seriously.)

Result:

I went to the Burlesque show.  And I had fun!  It was a cool venue with a very diverse crowd.  I really liked the costumes, and it was cool to see dancers with such confidence. 

And now I know what pasties are!

No comments:

Post a Comment