Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 10: Sledding!

 

Today, I decided to go sledding. We received around 6 inches of snow in metro Atlanta, which happens less than once a decade.

How is this related to failure? I didn't have a sled, so I took the advice of a Canadian friend and used a piece of cardboard. Would it really work? Most importantly, would I be the complete klutz that I am and bust my ass?

I started off on a VERY small hill. That didn't work. Then I attempted my neighbor's driveway. Again, that didn't work. Then I attempted my driveway, which is definitely steep. That worked and was fun. Then, my neighbor suggested I try her driveway, which is REALLY steep. I did, and it was super freakin' fun!

So I was scared and afraid and thought for sure I would hurt myself. But I tried it anyway, and had a lot of fun! And best of all, I didn't injure myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment