Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day 16: Interpreting Heidegger

I am currently taking Existentialism this semester.  Our first assignment is to write a response based on Heidegger's essay "What is Metaphysics?"  During the semester, we are allowed not to post two weeks of our choosing.  I was very tempted just to skip this assignment by either not reading the essay and/or not writing a response to the essay.  However, for today's project I decided not only to read the essay but also to post a response about the essay aforementioned.

Result:  Once I got into the essay and began to grasp what the author was saying, I enjoyed this assignment.  I enjoyed interpreting what he meant by being and nothing.  I enjoyed writing a response that addresses the various philosophical ideas he presents in the essay.  Overall, a very good result :-)

Anyone who cares to read my reading response (450 words) can send me a facebook message, and I will gladly send them my response to the essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment