Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 18: Headed to Class


Today marks the beginning of my spring semester of college.  After continuing my evening reading of "Pour Your Heart Into It" by Howard Schultz, I began to question my entire college career path.  Such anxiety caused me to lay awake in bed, contemplating the meaning of my existence. Add this to the fact that I had a sore throat and was woe-some about having caught a cold.  As a result of these thoughts and circumstances, I only got about 2 hours of sleep last night.  So this morning, when my alarm inevitably went off, I strongly considered sleeping in and not going to class.

What if I am unable to stay awake?

What if I feel like crap all day as a result of not getting enough sleep?

What if my cold gets worse, and I realize that I should have skipped class?

Despite much resistance and fear, I pushed these thoughts aside and got out of bed.  I proceeded to school, fully knowing that the day that lies ahead of me may, in fact, suck ass.

Result:  I attended my first class.  It is currently 11:45am, and despite my many fears and worries, I feel relatively okay.  I could feel better.  I could feel worse.  But all in all, I am okay, and I am glad that I went to class.

No comments:

Post a Comment