Saturday, April 9, 2011

Day 97: Computer Woes


Technology hates me.  Especially computers.  I don't know why.  Anyways, early today my laptop's charger wasn't working.  This was not a good thing, since I had a lot of schoolwork to do, and I am housesitting 45 minutes from my home.

Result:  I went home, and my dad tested out my laptop.  Turns out the outlet at the house I'm housesitting at is strong enough to handle a lamp, but it wasn't strong enough to handle my laptop's electric power.  Luckily other outlets work, so I can just plug it into a different outlet.  I'm really glad that it wasn't the charger itself.

Then later on, my laptop would turn on, but it was just a black screen.  No matter what I did, it was still black, even though the power was on.  I ended up taking the power battery thing out (technical, I know), and the computer was able to operate normally after that.

I really hate computers sometimes.  And I know that they hate me, too.

1 comment:

  1. My laptop is about 7 years old now, and the cord has to be in JUST the right position to charge - and if it's unplugged for 1.5 minutes, it goes dead. Suck. I need to suck it up and buy a new one.

    ReplyDelete