Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day 115: I Heart Battlestar Galactica (Unfortunately)


So.  I have a week and a day left in this semester.  I have two papers due--one tomorrow morning and one a week from now.  Today's goal:  to start and finish the paper that is due tomorrow morning

Result:  I did start and finish the paper.  However, I was constantly deterred from said paper due to my new love for Battlestar Galactica.  I stupidly watched the first episode maybe a week ago, and I have been on a mission to watch every episode as fast as possible ever since. 

Yes, I did get the paper finished and turned in.  And it will more than likely get me an A.  But I can honestly say that I know I could have done a better job with the paper.  I edited the paper several times, but in actuality I am a better writer than one would suppose from the paper that I turned in.  I didn't work as hard on it as I could have because I just HAD to know what would happen on the next episode of said series. 

Also, although the paper didn't take up more than 2 hours or so of my time, I definitely could have used the rest of the day to work on research for the paper that is due a week from now. 

Note to self:  Never start watching a new series when you are close to the end of the semester.  Unless you do not care about your grades or GPA.  Which definitely isn't me.

No comments:

Post a Comment