Saturday, April 9, 2011

Day 94: Speech #10


I have a project I have to do for my existentialism class.  We have to take what we've learned and apply it too the real world somehow.  And it has to be somehow related to writing, because it's basically a writing project.  So I chose to do a speech for my Toastmasters group, and my professor said that would be fine.

Result:  I emailed the woman who does the speech scheduling for our group.  She said the next opening wasn't until April 27th (way too late because the project is due around then), but she did have an opening for Thursday.  It was Tuesday, and I hadn't even started to write the speech.

But what the heck, might as well get it done sooner rather than later.

And not only does the speech count for my philosophy class, it also counts as my 10th speech for Toastmasters.  Which means I will FINALLY earn my Competent Communicator award :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment