Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 107: Bulgarian Moonshine and Tequila


Today, my boyfriend and I went to a Bulgarian feast.  My friend is from Bulgaria, and she invited us over to celebrate her Saint's Day.  Her saint has to do with Palm Sunday, so she and her family celebrated yesterday.  It was her, her husband, their two kids, her mother, her godparents, friends, and neighbors. 

One of the things I learned yesterday about Bulgaria is that they are definitely not opposed to drinking.  When she goes to Bulgaria, she takes back some moonshine that her dad makes.  And apparently Bulgaria has some good tequila.  I tried some of the moonshine and some of the tequila.

Result:  I failed miserably.  I took a TEENY TINY sip of the moonshine, and I didn't get sick or anything, but let's just say that I didn't have a second sip after that!  Then I tried the tequila.  It certainly wasn't as strong as the moonshine, but I couldn't drink the tequila either.

Of course my boyfriend handled it like a pro and had two little glasses of moonshine!  Such a champ.

No comments:

Post a Comment