Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day 103: Sensitive much??


So.  To make a long story short, I posted a link to a story on facebook. 

Result:  I guess the way I stated my opinion was written in such a way that people thought I meant the opposite of what I actually meant.  I didn't take it very well.  At all.  I just thought to myself, "These people are my FRIENDS.  Don't they know me better than this than to think that I would believe something like this???"  I even cried over it, I was so upset.  I was just hurt because I've spent a lot of time on researching and studying social issues and such, and I felt like all of that hard work didn't even count.  Of course I know I was overreacting, but for some reason it just really got to me at the time.  Then I talked to my boyfriend about the whole thing, and he said it was just a misunderstanding, and the way that I stated my opinion was confusing.  So he said I was just taking it way too personally.

So I ended up just deleting the whole entire thing, post and comments and all, and re-posting the original article.  I just wanted to start that whole thing over!

No comments:

Post a Comment