Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 87: Event Planning


So.  I'm an officer for my university's skeptic/secular student group.  As an officer, naturally I'm supposed to help plan events.

The problem is, I HATE planning events.  I hate coming up with something to do, who to ask, who not to ask, what if no one shows up, what if the person I want to host doesn't want to do it, blah blah blah, etc etc etc. 

I found two speakers for my school's skeptic group.  They both said they would do it.  One of them told me this.  Several months ago.  And I JUST today sent her an email asking if she would still do it and when would be good for her.  The other speaker, I finally emailed yesterday after talking to him about it the night of the Oscars (whenever that was; but I know it was over a month ago).

So, I am glad that I have emailed them both by now.  But I HATE planning events!! Ugh.  Must follow through, must follow through...

No comments:

Post a Comment