Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 68: Driving Home


(Please note:  I got this image from the internet.  I did NOT take a picture while attempting to drive on the interstate during a downpour!)

Today I drove home from Eatonton, GA, which is 2 hours or so from where I live.

Result:  It was one of the scariest drives of my life.  I had tried to check the weather before leaving, but my phone wouldn't upload a radar map.  I called my mom and asked her if she had seen anything on the news about bad weather, and she said no, I should be fine.  So I left.  I got maybe 20 minutes or so from Eatonton when, on the interstate, it started to REALLY pour.  I literally could hardly see the car in front of me, and I was hydroplaning really badly.  So I pulled off to the side of the interstate and proceeded to call my mom, my dad, and my boyfriend in an attempt to decide what to do.  Do I keep heading home?  Do I head back to Eatonton?  Do I chill somewhere off of an exit?

Luckily, after maybe 15 minutes, the downpour started to subside, and it was safe for me to continue driving.  The storm was heading East, and I was heading West, so if I had gone back to Eatonton, I would have been following the storm instead of getting away from it.  I made it safely home :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment