Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 86: Sustained Attention


Today I had the option of participating in a study for extra credit in my cognitive psychology class.  30 minutes of my time for 10 points of extra credit in the class is WELL worth it to me.  Of course, there is the possibility of me doing poorly on the visual test.

Result:  I participated in the study, even though I had 4 hours of time to kill between my class of the day and the time that this study was taking place.  I could have gone home.  And during the study, there were times that I pushed the right mouse key instead of the left and vice versa.  And I could have responded more quickly to the stimulus.  But in the big picture, this "failure" is not going to make me a dumber or less worthy person.  It's impossible to get a .01ms response time to the stimulus.  So no reason to beat myself up over making mistakes in the study :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment