Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 81: Studying for a Test


So.  Today, the goal was to spend a large chunk of the day studying for my cognitive psychology test, which was to occur the next day.

Result:  I did study for the test today.  Sort of.  For some reason, the idea of taking the test the next day gave me a HUGE feeling of anxiety.  I had just taken a test this morning, so I wasn't able to study for the cognitive psychology test prior to today.  But for some reason, the huge anxiety I was feeling about this test prevented me from studying very much.  I don't know how to explain it, other than feeling like there was SO much that I needed to study that there was no way that I could do it.  When I feel overwhelmed, I basically shut down and cannot accomplish anything until the feeling goes away.

Long story short, I was able to focus enough and study enough, both today and the next day, that I was prepared for the test.  And I got an A on it :-)

I really need to learn how not to freak out so much over tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment