Sunday, May 29, 2011

Day 147: (Veggie) Sushi


For a week now, I had been planning on going to my favorite sushi place, Kuroshio, with some of my close girlfriends.

Result:  I didn't go.  I battled back and forth about it all day.  Should I go?  Shouldn't I go?  When it comes to doing things with people, I'm afraid that if I skip out or miss one social event, I'll miss something life-changing; or that one event will cause my friends not to like me as much.  It's realy hard to explain.  So when I don't feel like doing something social, I usually make myself do it anyways.  And almost 100% of the time I have fun, but sometimes I just want to cut myself some slack.  So today, I didn't beat myself up for skipping out on sushi :-)  I know that I will see my friends another day, and despite my negative thoughts, I know that this one event would NOT have been super duper life-altering.

No comments:

Post a Comment