Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 134: IHOP

Today, my boyfriend and I decided to have lunch at IHOP.  Why not?  What could possibly go wrong at IHOP?

Result:  It was 10 minutes before we got our drinks.  And even then, the waitress forgot my boyfriend's water and gave me a mocha hot coffee instead of an iced coffee.  We had to ask another waiter to get my boyfriend silverware so that he could stir his coffee.  And he had to get sugar from another table.  And it was close to 40 minutes before we got our food.  And I had to ask the waitress for silverware.  It was quite an experience.  I was talking to another table about our service, and the woman behind us even said that she had terrible service from our waitress.

You know it's bad when another waiter gets the manager FOR YOU, and you don't even ask the guy to get the manager for you!  We ended up getting our breakfast for free and a $5 coupon off of our next visit, so that was cool.  And she did get our food right, which was good.  Carey ended up tipping the other waiter $5, because he did help us out and was nice.  It was definitely a quite interesting experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment