Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Day 140: A "Bloody" Book

I have one phobia in life:  blood.  I don't mean my own blood.  Or a fear of seeing blood in real life.  I have a huge fear of seeing blood on tv.  Of hearing people talk about blood or surgeries or anything that is remotely similar to those things.  I have been thinking a lot lately about possibly reducing this fear of mine through systematic desensitization, a process that involves reducing the anxiety due to the phobia in a gradual way.  So I thought I'll buy this e-book (heck, it was only 99 cents) and start that way.  I mean, surely this book is gruesome, since the author is known to write gorey and bloody novels.

Result:  This book was not even remotely gross or gruesome or blood-curdling.  I was rather disappointed.  It's odd that I was peeved that I didn't read anything blood-related, since I usually avoid that sort of thing like the plague.

No comments:

Post a Comment