Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 133: SCI Event


Tonight was the end of the year event for my school's skeptic/secular student group.  Only five people (including me) RSVP'ed yes.  So I spent all day debating back and forth about whether or not to go.  It's not that I didn't want to go, but I was housesitting about 20 minutes South of the location (Kayson's Grill), and I didn't want to get stuck in rush hour traffic on the interstate.  And I also worried that no one would show up, or only 3 people would show up, or something like that.  But my friend texted me saying let's go anyways, and so I did.

Result:  There were only 5 of us, but it was fun!  I'm going to be the President of the club for the next year (yay!), and I really didn't want to start off by not even showing up for the event when I will pretty much be officially considered President.  So I'm glad I went :-)  And I didn't even get stuck in rush hour traffic!  I did get stuck in accident traffic, but that's beside the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment