Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day 122: Philosophy Paper Woes


One of my final exams for the semester was to write a paper for my existentialism class.  The topic was to pick two philosophers (either Sartre, Beauvoir, and/or Fanon) and write about their takes on freedom and responsibility.  I thought, this'll be no problem.

Result:  I did a lot of research for it, as I usually do when I write papers.  I spend little time on writing the actual paper.  Well, I spent a majority of the week watching every episode of Battlestar Galactica; I knew that I would not be able to really focus on studying for finals if I knew I hadn't watched every episode.  So I watched every episode.  But I didn't finish that until late Sunday night, and this paper was due Tuesday morning at 9:30.

I stayed up until about 2am working on writing the paper (which I didn't actually start to do until about 1030pm or so).  It was to be 5-7 pages, and I only got to the top of page 4 before I decided to call it a night and wake up early in the morning to finish it.  I hate writing papers last minute, but I couldn't stay up any longer.  Being tired sucks, especially when you have a paper due soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment