Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 162: I finally understand...


My entire life, I have always told myself (and other people) that I don't know the difference between a feeling that is coming from my gut and a feeling that is coming from fear.  That is a constant excuse that I use for my inability oftentimes to make a decision.  And I'm not using it as an excuse.  I seriously (usually) do not know if my thought is coming from fear or from my gut.

Finally, I have begun to realize that I AM capable of understanding the difference.  You see, my homonculus every now and then will give me a rather big tap on the shoulder and say, "Gina, you shouldn't do (fill in the blank)."  And seriously, every time I tell him to shut up, I should have listened to him.

What the hell am I talking about?  Well, I recently had rejoined some online dating sites.  I got a message from a guy saying "You're sexy.  What's up?"  Normally I would NEVER EVER reply to such a stupid and short and shallow message.  But the guy looked cute, and I figured, why not?  (Note to self:  advice from a friend is not always good advice.) 

Long story short, the guy turned out to obviously be a jerk.  We never met or anything like that, but it turned out to be a huge waste of time.

On a similar note, something happened recently where my homonculus was like, "You know that person you want to be friends with again possibly?  Yeah, you know that's a bad idea."  But again, I listened to my friend and decided why not and met the person for a meal.  Needless to say we're not friends anymore lol.

These events have helped me to realize that I'm not as incapable at knowing the difference between fear and the right action as I thought :-)

1 comment: