Friday, October 14, 2011

Day 279: Loneliness. Hi Again.


So, I'm still at this conference.  And . . .

The conference itself has been good.  But I can't say I have been having a good time.  I went knowing that there wouldn't be anyone there that I really know personally, at least other than just aquaintances.  And my goal was to be open and make new friends.

That didn't go so well.  I mean, I did go out to eat with some new friends on Friday night.  But they were MUCH older than me, and I didn't want to be like a leech and hang out with them the whole weekend. 

The lunch and dinner breaks were 1.5 hours each--a very long break in my opinion.  So I would just walk back and forth from the hotel to the hostel.  I walked 6 miles on Saturday alone.  It would take 30 minutes to walk each way, so that alone would take up 1 hour.

Saturday evening I got in bed and just cried and cried.  I felt like such a loser.  But . . .

I even skipped the conference on Sunday and drove home at 9am.  I was definitely glad to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment