Thursday, October 6, 2011

Day 273: Overeat Much?

(This picture made me lol.)

Today I went to a good friend's house to watch the Steelers football game. 

Result:  My friend bought and laid out a ton of yummy food, right in front of my face, right in front of the tv.  And it was just the two of us.  I thought it was super nice of her to go to the store and buy yummy food for just me and her, and I hadn't eaten anything before that, sooooooo . . .

I totally overate.  And not just a little, but a lot.  It was like a binge, but not quite.

I used to overeat VERY frequently.  Like, on a daily basis.  But for the last several months (maybe even the last year), I have rarely overeaten (yay therapy and working through emotional issues!).  But I had overeaten another day this week, and so this was the 2nd day that I overate. 

If I REALLY let myself, I can eat forever.  Seriously.  So I have to sometimes make myself stop eating because otherwise I will just eat forever.  (I don't get much of a fullness feeling when I eat.  Unless it's oatmeal.  One can only eat so much of oatmeal, and that's not much.)  Well, today I just let myself eat and eat and eat, and eventually I made myself stop.

The good thing about this was that I didn't judge myself harshly for it.  In the past, I would have berated myself and hated myself for being out of control.  But today (and the other day this week that I overate), I just accepted it and that was that.  That was a big step for me :-)  Yay progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment